Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Cookbook!

After 4 1/2 years of airing our show, a cookbook was the inevitable outcome. We all agreed that this was worth the effort. We gave birth to "Chef and the Fatman Red, White and Blue (Collar) Cookin'"
If I knew then what I knew now....
After 2 1/2 years of sweat and toil I have learned so much. Words like, Word, Adobe, PDF and CONVERSION, 81/2x11, 9x6, 1 inch, 1/2 inch MARGINS.....CONVERSION again. I think you get the drift.
Now, I am a very hands-on person, who doesn't delegate well. I have taken it upon myself to speed up the finish and bring it home....I have.....I think FINALLY brought it home.
Only time will tell.
The pre-releases (about 70 copies) sold for 1/2 price (with errors) just to get a feel, and, the feeling was very good.
The FINAL change to the FINAL change has just been submitted. We, meaning the team can take great pride in the finished product. Yes, I did over 200 hours of editing, tweaking and "messin" not counting the other hours Erik and Karen put in, but I think I can say it was worth it now....I think!
Please, if you ever think of doing a cookbook.....let me know! I can save you literally hundreds of hours and a number of strokes. PLEASE, e-mail me and let me save you from the HELL of your first cookbook.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Just think...when you're HUGELY famous those 70 copies with the errors will be worth MILLIONS!!!!

I'm glad we have one!!

Congrats to you on finally getting it done!